Google+ is often known as Google’s answer to Facebook but, for any business, it is so much more. Google+ doesn’t need to take a large time commitment or chunk of the marketing budget, but it is important to have a presence and engage in the network.
In this post we share how Google+ will put your business on the Google “map” and simple tips to get started on the network.
Boost Your Online Presence with Google+
– Unlike Facebook or Twitter, Google+ places a heavy emphasis on search engine optimization (SEO). Google+ information and posts will boost how you show up to Google. SEO is all about getting your website found by potential customers, and Google is the king of search.
– Google Search favors engagement on Google+, crawling and indexingÂ Google+ posts almost immediately. A Google Plus account naturally increases the odds of getting highly targeted visitors from Googleâ€™s organic search results.
– Google+ can boost your PageRank and help capture more search engine results pages.
– The larger your Google+ network, the more influenceÂ you have in the search results of the people who have you in their circles. Read more about this here.
– Hashtag searches on Google incorporate recent Google+ posts that correspond with that hashtag!
–Â Google+ integrates with Google’s other platforms YouTube and Gmail. Your content lives on beyond the Google+ network!
– Google+ Local is a part of Google+, which invcreases a business’ visibility to current and new customers. Customers can find your website link, phone number, directions and more through information on your Google+ page. Further putting a face with the brand, Google+ allows customers to engage with a brand on a more personal level.
– Create your Business Google+ page here.
– Update your branding to match your presence on other social networks. Ensure it is fit to be responsive– meaning it looks good however a user is viewing it. Details here.
– Fill in all the business details you can include. Don’t forget to link to your website and use key words that describe the business.
– Post interesting content at least weekly and remember to link back to your website when relevant.
– +1 your own posts to boost their performance.
– Get the word out! Cross-promote Google+ on other networks, include it in your email signature and tell your customers directly.
Connect with GemFind: