Did you know that National Do Something Nice Day is coming up? What about National Mother-in-Law Day? These are part of the obscure national holiday calendar, where there is something unique to celebrate every day. While you might not have a need for more national days, some of these holidays could help generate buzz for your business, giving you an opportunity to encourage shopping away from the big holidays.
Why does this work?
It might seem a little different to promote unusual holidays, but they are effective for smaller businesses.
- They can be amusing and eye-catching, allowing customers to linger longer over a promotion than they would on a bigger holiday.
- It sets you apart from the competition, allowing you to have a promotion when other businesses are not.
- These holidays are attention-grabbing simply due to their obscurity
Ultimately, the lesser-known holidays will allow your jewelry business to stand out from the crowd.
National Days that Work for the Jewelry Industry
You can find a full list of national days here, but it is easy to get lost in. Here are some national days that would work well for jewelry businesses.
- January 26: National Spouses Day
- March 3: National I Want You to Be Happy Day
- March 13: National Jewel Day
- March 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- April 9: National Unicorn Day
- August 1: National Girlfriends Day
- August 5: National Sisters Day
- September 9: National Grandparents Day
- November 5 (First Monday of November): Color the World Orange Day
Beyond individual days, there are also celebrations that last longer. January, for example, is National Black Diamond month. You could run a promo on black diamonds the whole month if you wanted to. February is profitable because of Valentine’s Day, but it is also National Weddings Month and National Heart Month. There are lots of opportunities for creativity in marketing.
Marketing a National Day
Marketing these celebrations offers a lot of creativity, especially with digital marketing. If you are still using traditional marketing, read our post about “Online vs Traditional Marketing” to learn the advantages of digital marketing.
To promote a national day, you can offer a promotion that relates to the day. Make sure that the details about the special promotion are advertised through your marketing methods and be clear about how customers can get the deal.
Contact GemFind’s team of marketing experts for guidance in marketing these fun and unusual celebration days. GemFind is an expert in jewelry marketing and will know exactly what to do.